Fashion News and Savings Round-Up
If you’ve been looking for some deals and are an organized, early-bird type of shopper, then I have good news for you! . In light of our current economy, retailers are offering many shopping specials and deals to get you into their stores early. Even Black Friday may loose its luster, as many stores are starting their Black Friday savings now, well in advance of the holidays. Personally, I think this is a good thing. Let’s avert the mad rush for savings on the day after Thanksgiving. Forget the swarming crowds lining up at 3:30 am outside the “big box retail stores.” Start looking for the savings and coupons now. Yes You CAN! avoid the horrible sleep deprivation, over crowding and general pushing and shoving that has been the hallmark of the day after Thanksgiving holi-daze sales in the good old US of A. To help you get prepared, here are a few special deals and savings that have turned up on The Recessionista’s Radar Tracking System.
- Join Lord & Taylor on Tuesday, November 10, 2009, as they host a Benefit Bash in support of local New York charitable organizations. The exclusive shopping event will be held at the Lord & Taylor flagship store at 424 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018 from 9:00 am – 11:00 pm. The event will give non-profit organizations an opportunity to raise thousands of dollars in a fun-filled special day. Lord and Taylor is a good place for classic styles and quality items. Special savings will be offered, including a 20% coupon to be used on one sale or regular priced item and 15% to be used all day long, including cosmetics and fragrances (some minor exclusions apply). Customers will also have the opportunity to register for a chance to win one of four $500 Lord & Taylor gift cards. Plus, there will be some free makeovers going on, make-up artists from Chanel, Dior, Nars, Prescriptives, and Clinique at the store to assist customers. If you’re interesting in saving at all Lord & Taylor stores now, check out their current savings pass online.
- Sears has launched a campaign called “Black Friday Now,” with “doorbuster” deals on Christmas trees, work boots, diamond-stud earrings and other select items. The deals will take place every Saturday until Christmas.
- Kmart began its “Better than Black Friday” on November 6, 2009. Look for savings on the Martha Stewart Home Collection ( my Kmart fav-rav.)
- JCPenney, Target, and Wal-Mart have all started Black Friday 2009 Pre-Sales on November 7, 2009.
- For fashion, have a look at Jean-Claude(JC) Penney’s designers Nicole Miller, Bisou, Bisou and now Olsenboye. To my surprise, the Olsen twins’ (Mary Kate and Ashley) way over priced Elizabeth & James fashion line (which is at Loehmann’s for less) has morphed into a budget version known as Olsenboye sold at JCPenney! Look out Max & Miley at Walmart. If you’re interested here is a link to some of the JCPenney coupon savings. Check out the adorable Bisou, Bisou ruffled holiday party top below.
- Kohl’s has a great sale going on now that offers up to 80% the retail prices on select merchandise. Many of their designer items are featured in this gold-star clearance sale. The Simply Vera Wang line is offered for 30% to 50% off of retail. Click here to see Kohl’s new Black Friday ad.
- Over at Walmart, the new Norma Kamali collection holiday collection is in. There is an all-in one dress in wine and black for only $24.00 that is getting raves from users on Walmart.com. According to one reviewer, the dress comes in a $995 version from another designer, but why bother when you can get the NK Walmart version for only $24.00, saving $971.00 USD !!! Here is that review. I don’t make this stuff up. 🙂
- Check out all the designers on the Home Shopping Network (HSN). There is Corsage by Tracy Reese, Shoshanna, Rebecca Taylor and more. Click here to see the full list. Over at QVC, they’ve got the fabu-less Edition by Erin Fetherston collection. I love it. One of my picks is this blouse that is now reduced.
Pictured: The QVC Erin Fetherston floral shirt, the reviews are very good on this one.
Shop well and wisely. There is no reason not to any more, the specials and coupons are all out there if you know where to look.