Best Memorial Day Sales
The US Memorial Day Weekend is here along with a big list of sales from retailers to entice shoppers into stores and online to spend. The Memorial Days sales are happening this weekend and all week long. If you would love to see what’s new for spring or shop for fall, here’s a list of discounts.
Apparel Deals for Remote Workers: Pajamas & Leisure Wear
Many of us are working from home full time, certain items of apparel are still selling, and even increasing in sales like pajamas and leisure wear.
For those of us who are now working exclusively from home via Zoom and other tech tools, being comfortable is more important than ever. According to data from Adobe Analytics, pajamas sales have significantly increased. In contrast, sales of pants are down. Who need new pants when you can just add a nice top to your sweat pants or pajama bottoms for a Zoom call or a quick Face Time meeting? Comfortable “stay at home wear” is the new fashion trend.
With online shopping at a peak, let’s take a look at this year’s Memorial Day sales. Some of these sales really do offer great savings. Others are just “sale promotions” with little or no real value, because the stuff the retailers are selling is just plain junk. As time goes on, I’m getting more and more selective about the sales I want to spend time at or even look at. For example, it’s been ages since I saw great value at outlet stores. Most things there look like merchandise that designers license their names to, that have little or no resemblance to the designer’s main line. For value on designer fashions, I prefer sales at Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus Last Call or Saks Fifth Avenue. For fast fashion, I shop at ASOS, H&M and Topshop at Nordstrom. Here’s The Recessionista’s short list of the Memorial Day sales that are value for price.
Memorial Day 2023 Fashion Sales
- ANTHROPOLOGIE: Extra 40% off all sale items
- ASOS : 25% OFF at ASOS. I already shopped this sale and picked up my favorite ASOS Pencil Dress for just $18.00, reduced from $80.00.
- Bloomingdales: Memorial Day Sale + Extra 50% off select Sale and Clearance.
- FREE PEOPLE: Save 25% off select FREE PEOPLE merchandise in-stores and online.
- FRENCH CONNECTION: 30% OFF at French Connection.
- H&M: Take up to 20 percent off site wide in H&M stores and online. We’re big fans of their vintage inspired dresses and swimsuits.
- JCREW: The JCrew Memorial Day sale offers 60% off sale items,
- JCPENNEY: With JCP closings stores, there are big savings (30% +) throughout JCP online on their fashion collaborations, beauty products and Home collections.
- JOHNNY WAS: This boho-chic Los Angeles brand is offering a 40% off their Johnny Was summer kick-off sale. The sale is online and you may have to wait a few minutes online to enter, but there are definitely some great tops, scarves and floral pants on the sale.
- KAREN KANE Memorial Day Weekend SALE: Additional 20% Off Markdowns. Use Code : MDW2022 to get the savings at checkout.
- LAST CALL: Extra 55 % OFF at Neiman Marcus Last Call Stores.
- MODCLOTH: Extra 40% off at Modcloth on dresses, swimwear & other apparel. We love their vintage inspired styles!
- Neiman Marcus: The luxury retailer is offering major discounts with discounts as low as 50 to 60% off apparel, shoes, handbags and more. For a limited time, Neiman Marcus shoppers can save up to 50% off luxury brands
- NORDSTROM: 40% OFF at Nordstrom on select items during their Half Yearly Sale.
- NORDSTROM Rack- clear the racks sale is on at Nordstrom Rack offering up to 75% off with an extra 25% off clearance in-store and online.
- SAKS FIFTH AVENUE: Save up 55% off top women’s designers on their designer sale. Some of the best names in fashion are at affordable prices at SAKS this weekend.
- SHOPBOP: Quite simply, I love this online fashion site. They have everything and they have great sales. I’ve bought some gorgeous dress at SHOPBOP and a gorgeous Ferragamo handbag–all on sale. For Memorial Day, shop their designer sale for up to 50% off on designer goods.
- The OUTNET: the online The Outnet site is offering an extra 30% off designer clothing, handbags and shoes. It’s always a challenge finding the right size at The OUTNET, because things go quick. So be prepared to get in early to get the deals.
- UNIQLO: Look for savings throughout the UNIQLO store and online. Ines De La Fressange fashions, Theory and JW Anderson apparel are on clearance. Look for discounts on Tees & clearance items.
Sales on Furniture, Home Goods and Cooking Items
- KOHL’s is offering deep discounts site-wide, from comfortable clothing (T-shirts, workout wear, bras, pajamas) to the Food Network cookware to home furnishings.
- Macy’s is having great sales on everything on their website. For those of us doing more cooking at home than we have done for years, there are some great deals on cookware, furnishings and home goods.
Sales on Beauty and Skincare Products
- Radical Skincare: Save 15% on Radical Skincare products until May 31st during their Memorial Day Sale. I’ve always been a big fan of Radical Skincare and their products. I’ve fallen in love with Radical age defying exfoliating pads The pads offer a great way to gently wipe away dead skin and and reduce inflammation. The Hydrating Cleanser and Moisturizing Serums are also gentle ways to nurture your skin at home.
- ELEMIS: You can save 25% off this amazing British anti-aging skincare sitewide with the code: MEMORIALDAY. My favourites for skin cleansing are the pro-collagen and award winning Superfood AHA Cleanser.