London Fashion Week
London Fashion Week: Burberry Spring 2017
Burberry will be showing its first straight-to-consumer collection live from a new London show venue, called Makers House, on Monday 19 September at 7.30pm (BST).
The show will be streamed live on Burberry.com, and, for the first time, on Facebook Live, allowing users to watch the runway show in real time with the stream autoplaying in their feed. It will also be shown live on YouTube, WeChat, and partner sites globally.
Shop the collection immediately following the show
All 83 mens and womens looks comprising over 250 pieces from the September collection will be available to purchase as soon as they have been previewed on the runway, through Burberry’s physical and digital retail network, shipping to over 100 countries.
Makers House is the new home of Burberry’s runway show, where for one week in partnership with The New Craftsmen, an exhibition and open series of activities will celebrate the craft and inspiration behind the collection, with admission free of charge:
· A runway display of the September womenswear and menswear collections, allowing visitors to view them where they were first shown.
· A series of short theatrical readings performed daily by actors curated by Burberry, Pin Drop and BAFTA, with a focus on Virginia Woolf’s novel Orlando – one of the central themes behind the runway collection.
· Demonstrations in sculpting, sand casting, silk-screen printing, traditional lacquer painting, stitching & embroidery, embellishment, calligraphy, miniature portraits, passementerie and patchworking.
· A fashion history lesson with the Burberry Heritage archive team, who will reflect on pivotal moments from the company’s 160-year history – supported by rare pieces from the Archive – including how founder Thomas Burberry came to dress pioneering aviators and polar explorers.
· A pop-up of Burberry’s Regent Street cafe, Thomas’s, serving food and drink inspired by the cafe’s menu.
· A shop selling products and designs created by The New Craftsmen.
Makers House is located at 1 Manette Street in the heart of London’s Soho, and will be open to the public for one week.