The after Christmas Boxing Day sales 2022 list
Every year The Recessionista compiles our annual list of after-Christmas and Boxing Day sales. For 2022, the deals on specialty apparel and shoes seem particularly sweet. Many of us simply don’t feel like over spending this year. The economy is far from robust as the new variants of COVID-19 are spreading around the world.
This year’s Boxing Day Sale list is dedicated to those who may have waited to shop for gifts until after Christmas to receive deeper discounts. According to market research, 65 percent of holiday shoppers plan to shop the week after Christmas for sales, to use gift cards, and to return/exchange unwanted gifts.
Everything is already marked down more than 50% to 70%, to lure shoppers in. It’s a good time to check back on all your holiday shopping wish lists for further reductions.
Why are the discounts getting better after Christmas? Simple, you the consumer are getting smarter and waiting longer to buy. After Christmas is also a time when many people are off work and can actually spend time shopping. Consumers will also want to get started on returning gifts as soon as possible. With shoppers impatient to do returns and spend their holiday gift cards, most retailers are offering additional savings via after Christmas sales. It’s a great time to pick-up a special dress for New Year’s eve or other special events in the New Year from retailers like Anthropologie or J Crew. Nordstrom starts their half-yearly sale o Christmas, Dec.25.
In the UK, the day after Christmas is Boxing Day, the day the gentry typically gifted their servants with gifts and cash. Today Boxing Day is a public holiday in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Germany, Greenland, New Zealand and parts of Asia. Following is our annual list of the best sales on our radar.
According to market research, post Christmas day is the second busiest shopping day of the season, so if you have some Christmas cash or gift cards, here’s where you can find some discounts as retailers push to clear out their stock.
Fashion Retailers & Designer Sales
- AllSaints: Save 20 % off site-wide. We’re big fans of their vintage inspired looks and little black dresses, but we only shop at All Saints when there is a sale. Before Christmas All-Saints has a 50% off clearance sale on right now.
- Ann Taylor: 50% off cashmere sweaters in stores and online.
- Anthropologie: Shop 40% off all sale items. Look for 50% off Anthro’s unique Holiday Decor.
- ASOS: New discounts up to 70% off on the high street retailer’s stylish fashions, including some great party dresses for New Year’s Eve festivities.
- 6pm online shopping outlet site: This site has great deals on clothing, shoes, jewelry, handbags and accessories. The prices are the lowest I have found for many items including the boot clearance .
- Banana Republic Extra 50% off sale. The brand has done this the past few seasons, so expect that they will do it again this year after Christmas.
- Bloomingdale’s After Christmas Sale is on until Jan. 2, 2019 and features top name brand designers on sale for up to 65% off. Read my previous post on all the treasures at the Bloomingdale’s After Christmas Sale.
- Diane von Furstenberg: Up to 15% Off at DVF when you use code BOXING15. Shop the End of Season Sale now through Jan. 5. Pick-up one of DVF’s great wrap dresses or iconic prints for a deep discount.
- DKNY.com: Extra 30% Off Sale Styles With Code: DKSALE30.
- Dorothy Perkins: Up to 80% Off at Dorothy Perkins including New Year’s eve dresses, denim and more.
- Elie Tahari: Until Jan 6 save up to 60% off.
- Eloquui: 70% off a purchase of $100.00 or more, includes sale items. Great New Year’s Eve fashions in sizes 14-18.
- H&M Winter Sale : Enjoy 20% off purchases of over $60 US plus free shipping with code 1598.
- J. Crew : In stores & online: 30% off full-price styles & extra 50% off sale styles with code BIGSALE.
- JC Penney: New reductions and a $10.00 off coupon on the website and in your local paper.
- Kate Spade: Enjoy 40% off all sale item with code EXTRA40.
- Kohl’s– savings throughout the store and online. Look for the $10.00 off coupon in your local paper for extra savings. The Kohl’s after-Christmas sale starts at 7 a.m. and lasts until 1 p.m. It’s like another Black Friday for this inexhaustible discount retailer. Look for sweaters and fleeces are 60 percent to 70 percent off. Boots are 40 percent to 60 percent off. Outerwear is 50 percent to 60 percent off. The sale for clearance items ends Dec. 31.
- Macy’s – 20-60 % off designer clothing from Alfani, Nine West, Charter Club, Rafaella, JM Collection, Alfred Dunner, AGB, and Style & Co. Look for the passport savings in today’s paper and online.
- Neiman Marcus: The luxury retailer is offering up to 60% off regular prices with an extra 25-60 % off sale items at Neiman Marcus.
- Net-a-Porter 50% -70 % off select fashions at Net-a-Porter’s website. Keep checking back as new merchandise is added.
- Nordstrom’s After Christmas Clearance event aka the Half-Yearly Sale. Savings up to 50% off of retail compared to to 40% off or retail before Christmas. For Nordstrom card holders, double points are offered until Dec. 27th.
- Nordstrom Rack Savings throughout the store, including great shoe deals. For Nordstrom card holders, double points are offered until Dec. 27th.
- Ralph Lauren Extra 40% up to 70% on the most-coveted classic RL styles.
- Moda Operandi: Up to 65% off designer clearance on designers like Dolce and Gabbana & Ellie Saab and more.
- Neiman Marcus discounts on select designer wear. Save up to 75% on sale items.
- Savings at Last Call for Neiman Marcus online and in-store. This is one of The Recessionista’s favorite stores for spotting designer deals!
- Net-a-Porter: Their winter clearance sale continues with savings on top designers up to 70% off including Tibi, Valentino. Needle & Thread and more.
- Perry Ellis: End of Season 60% Off Sale Styles (12/26-1/1)
- Reiss Boxing Day Sale 50% off sale. This retailer’s tailored dresses are a favorite of Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge.
- Rebecca Minkoff: Take an 30% Off. Use Promo Code CELEBRATE30
- Saks Fifth Avenue The designer sale is on, offering savings of up to 70% off.
- Saks Off Fifth Ave online and in-store has special deals on many designer brands.
- Sephora—savings on everything of 20% off . Look for deals on the Christmas packaged beauty kits.
- ShopBop: Great deals on many designer garments at this website.
- Target: Clearance items are 60 percent off. Online, you can save $10.00 off apparel.
- Topshop (now ASOS): Up to 50% off everything in-store and online.
- Ted Baker: one of my favorite fashion brands, Ted Baker is offering reductions up to 60% off. I love everything from their colorful prints to their wonderful iPhone cases.
- White House Black Market: Up to 60% off winter fashions
- Zara: Sale online and in-store.
US Shopping Club sales online
- Gilt Groupe: Post Holiday Steals! Up to 80% Off Starting Today at Noon ET. For my invite to join and shop, click here. Gilt is now shipping internationally as well as to the US.
- HauteLook: Fashion & Handbags. For my invite to join and shop, click here.
Home Improvement Sales
I’ve spent more time at Home in the last two years due to COVID, than ever before. As a consequence, I’ve done more home improvements and remodeling than ever. If you’re doing any remodeling or fixing on your home, you’ll want to check these sales.
Home Depot: Save up to 40% off appliances, furnishings, holiday decor, smart home gear, electronics and more home improvement products.
Lowe’s : Until Feb. 2, 2023, save on select clearance and open-box home appliances. I recently bought a new refrigerator (LG) and stove (ZLine) at Lowes and got great discounts on both.
United Kingdom Boxing Day Sales (including London-High Street Stores.) I had a wonderful time shopping these stores during my recent trip to London. With the dollar now going further in the UK, it’s a great time to shop these retailers, most of whom ship worldwide
- Look for savings at Debenham’s, Lulu Guinness, Harvey Nichols and even Harrods! Harrods is offering up to 50% off merchandise online.
- The Liberty of London Sale started before Christmas eve. Savings are now 50% on many items. This is a great time to shop this iconic brand for those distinctive prints and boutique designers.
- Harvey Nichols will be offering deals on Stella McCartney, Givenchy and Pucci goods. Harvey Nichols’ discounts will be as high as 50% off. Shoppers also have the chance to win a shopping spree.
- JD Williams Fashion Sale, saving up to 60% off menswear and women’s fashions.
- Sales at John Lewis, Astley Clarke and others. Check the Voucher Code website for coupons.
- In the UK, US and EMEA Savings at Newlook.com of up to 60% off including clearance items.
- H&M. Items as low as $4.00 US.
- Marks and Spencers (Marks and Sparks with shipping to 80 countries) new reductions on fashion,shoes and handbags.
- Reiss Boxing Day Sale 50% off sale.
- Selfridges is offering discounts of up to 50% across thousands of items, including fashion, homeware, technology, children’s clothes and beauty. On Boxing Day, the store will open at 7 am to offer customers the deals. This is a good chance to get a luxury item at a discount.
- JC Penney: Deals throughout the store. In-store, get special savings with a coupon from the JCP website or your local paper.
CanadaBoxing Day Sales
Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what else you find! I can’t find them all, there are just way to many this year.
Note: In the interests of full-disclosure per FTC guidelines, this post contains some affiliate links. Affiliate links are links that allow The Recessionista make a small commission for sharing the links when you buy from the listed retailers.