Gwyneth Paltrow’s goop announces Juice Beauty organic skincare
As I reported last year at the BlogHer conference, Gwyneth Paltrow is going into the beauty business. Her goop website is introducing goop by Juice Beauty, a ” high performance age defying skincare line that merges luxury formulas with certified organic ingredients.” With lots of organic beauty products already in the market, like Physicians Formula, Airelle Skincare and Pixi Beauty just to name a few, is there room for Juice Beauty? Juice Beauty is not cheap with pricing ranging from $140.00 for replenishing night cream to $90.00 to cleanser. Ms. Paltrow has stepped away for acting for a while to focus on goop and her new beauty line. So what’s so special about Juice Beauty? Here’s what we’ve learned.
“Even if you’re wearing makeup, you want a healthy glow that always shines through,” says Ms.Paltrow, who worked with her dedicated team to create and launch the line with organic skincare leader Juice Beauty.
The goop beauty range of six age-defying skincare solutions made with plant-based juices to rejuvenate skin; all are formulated with certified organic ingredients. “There’s this myth that if it’s not loaded with chemicals, it can’t possibly work,” says Paltrow. “Actually pure organic and natural formulas can work as well as, if not better than conventional products. We’ve created luxurious, clean, organic formulas that are proven effective – we hope they change the way women think about skin care.”
Juice Beauty by goop consists of the following products:
- ENRICHING FACE OIL (price $110.00 )– Pure blend of nourishing, organic oils leaves skin supple, soft, and glowing
- EXFOLIATING INSTANT FACIAL (price $125.00) – Alpha and beta hydroxy acids (glycolic, malic, tartaric, citric, lactic and salicylic) gently remove dead skin cells, revealing a radiant, smooth complexion; plant-based cellulose beads mechanically exfoliate while releasing vitamin B5 to soothe skin
- LUMINOUS MELTING CLEANSER (price $90.00) – Solid, essential-oil-infused cleanser that melts into skin on contact, effortlessly dissolving makeup as it cleanses away dirt and oil
- REVITALIZING DAY MOISTURIZER (price $100.00)– Lightweight daily cream that smooths fine lines and wrinkles and targets dark spots for a brighter, more even skin tone
- REPLENISHING NIGHT CREAM (price $140.00)– Intensely hydrating overnight treatment that visibly improves skin texture, luminosity, and elasticity
- PERFECTING EYE CREAM (price $90.00) – Hydrates and soothes the delicate eye area and visibly diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Goop by Juice Beauty is available now on online at goop and in select retailers nationwide including CosBar, Forty Five Ten, Gee Beauty, Madison Hall, Selects Apothecary, Shen, Space 519, Turpan, Veer & Wander, and White’s Mercantile. What do you think readers? Are you willing to pay big bucks for skincare with the Gwyneth Paltrow label? I am honestly a bit skeptical, but I haven’t tried any of this stuff or seen any review/clinical studies on it, so I will reserve judgement.